Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Living Water today!

You Have Living Water
I pray God’s blessing of spiritual rain on you today, that the living water of God will flow down on your household, your family, your health, your prosperity, your physical body and your spiritual life. This morning when taking my shower, I was just so grateful for the warmth of the water to clean my body. Often times we take so much for granted, a comfortable bed, carpeting under our feet, a warm shower and soap to use…however beloved, we must not take God or our many benefits for granted that we have as Christians. God is so good to us and I just believe that I should maintain an attitude of gratitude at all times, the word says I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth!

I have had the opportunity to be homeless in someone else’s home, if you understand what I mean. After a difficult divorce, I moved to my family’s home where I found myself in sort of wilderness state. Although I believed I would find refuge there with my family, I instead was launched into ministry because of this wilderness. I found myself being treated like a homeless woman and my children were also treated poorly without cause. Though I didn’t know it at the time I was residing with a relative who I loved very dearly and who was in the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s. Unfortunately she decided to go out of town and to turn the water off and therefore we had no running water. Therefore I had to go to a neighbor’s home and get gallons of water every day to cook, clean and for bathing. After being a native New Yorker who then lived in Baltimore for 7 years, I was not used to genuine country living nor did I think I would ever be without running water. Well this little adventure went on for about a month and half way through it, I said to the Lord “Now Lord, you promised to supply all of my needs according to your riches in Glory, and Lord you know that water is a need”…and no sooner did I state this I heard the Lord say… “YOU HAVE WATER”. I thought, hmm, I have water, I repeated aloud and just like that I believe I heard the Lord say...
“YOU
HAVE LIVING WATER”

The Holy Spirit is living water and beloved if we would allow him to rain on us and flow in our homes, our ministries and our jobs and in every area of our lives we will never thirst!

The following article will be my first installment in the importance of a healthy digestive system! FYI the average person has between 5 and 22 lbs of old fecal matter in their bodies. The good news is that there are many health problems that can be avoided with a healthy digestive system. I hope you find this article informative and by all means, add your comments, questions and observations and I will be happy to respond! Thanks!!!

In His Love,

Vaugnevan

Health Specifics with Dr. DeSilva

Derrick DeSilva, M.D.


Healthy digestion needed to sustain life

Digestion is the complex process by which our food is converted into energy. It actually begins when we see and smell food and it continues as we chew, mixing the food with saliva to begin the breakdown of carbohydrates. Basically, digestion breaks down nutrients in the food we eat into small molecules that can slip into the bloodstream and be carried to the areas of the body where they are needed or stored.

Since the fuel our bodies need to sustain life comes through digestion, keeping the digestive system healthy is of great importance. We need many nutrients to keep the digestive system in good working order, and a basic balanced diet is the place to start. The greatest part of our food should be whole grains or whole-grain products and fruits and vegetables, with smaller amounts of eggs, meat, and dairy products. Adequate water and fiber are necessary for proper digestion and elimination. Relaxation and exercise also contribute to digestive function.

Digestive enzymes are important for the whole process. There are three classes of digestive enzymes: amylase, protease and lipase. Amylase is needed to digest carbohydrates. Protease is required for protein digestion and lipase is needed to digest fat. The body supplies enzymes on its own, but as we age the body’s capacity to make enzymes can diminish.
Dietary supplementation of course, is a supportive way to nourish the digestive system. A solid, comprehensive digestive enzyme formula can be very helpful in replenishing the stores of enzymes that the body needs for good digestion. Take an enzyme supplement just before mealtime for best results.

Maintaining healthy pH levels is also of utmost importance. Watch for a new unique formula that combines natural coral calcium with vitamins C and D to soothe the digestive system and assist in maintaining proper body pH.
Another new dietary ingredient that I have read about is an extract of horopito (Pseudowintera colorata, also known as pepperwood. This New Zealand herb apparently helps maintain a healthy balance of intestinal microflora, another important factor in digestive system health.
Of course speaking of healthy microflora brings me to probiotics like Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus casei and others. Probiotics play an enormous role in helping maintain healthy intestinal flora. And in this same arena, NutraFlora® is a powerful prebiotic supplement that serves as food for the probiotics, maximizing their effectiveness.
I cannot end a discussion about digestive system health without urging you to cleanse and detoxify your body. I think cleansing and detoxification are two of the most critical things that we can do for our bodies. Personally, I go through a cleansing regimen with each change of the seasons and I believe everyone should cleanse and detoxify four times a year. I also take a liver cleanser a couple times a week, and a probiotic and fiber on a daily basis. I do that to keep my intestines cleansed and to help my body stay clean on a cellular level. So things like oat bran, psyllium and chlorophyll should be taken regularly.
Dr. Derrick DeSilva, Jr., M.D., is a practicing internist and part of the attending staff at Rariton Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, NJ. He also maintains a private medical practice that incorporates natural therapies and pharmaceuticals (Integrative Medicine). Dr. DeSilva serves on the teaching staff at John F. Kennedy Medical Center in Edison, NJ. He is a published author, lecturer and host of his own radio talk show, “Ask the Doctor.” Dr. DeSilva was also named one of the Best Doctors in the New York Metropolitan Area by New York Magazine and in New Jersey by New Jersey Monthly Magazine in 2002.

P.S. What are you daily habits toward a healthy digestive system?