Monday, April 21, 2008

Your healing is nigh you!

Joy to you on this Monday afternoon! We are in a season of Pentecost at my local church, The Church in the Now, where Bishop Jim Earl Swilley is the pastor. The Holy Spirit was there yesterday in such a tangible way and manifested His gifts and His power to the body.

I was thinking that there is a lot of healing that is needed in the body so I remembered last year when I was researching healing online, Joyce Mayer has completed a great work on healing. As the spirit of the Lord leads, I will be sharing, excerpts from this articles.

It is very powerful and if you read aloud your words will have power.

Here is a couple of pages for your edification;


HEALING
Proverbs 4:20-22 says, My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life to those that find them, and health to all their flesh. (KJV)
The Hebrew word for "health" in verse 22 is "medicine." God’s Word is medicine to all our flesh. Isaac Leeser’s translation of Exodus 15:26 reads, I the Lord am thy physician. The medicine He prescribes is His Word.
Many make the mistake of substituting belief in healing for the actual taking of God’s medicine – His Word. They say, "I believe in healing" without actually taking the medicine. What good would it do for you to believe in food if you didn’t eat it? You would starve. What good would it do for you to believe in water if you didn’t actually drink any? You would die of thirst.
God’s Word is His medicine. There are several parallels between God’s medicine and natural medicine.
First: God’s Word is a healing agent, just as natural medicine is a healing agent or catalyst. In other words, the medicine itself contains the capacity to produce healing. Inherent within God’s Word is the capacity, the energy, the ability, and the nature to effect healing in your body.
Psalm 107:20 – He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
(KJV)
20 … He sent out His word, and it healed, and from their corruptions it freed! (Fenton)
Proverbs 4:22 – For they (His Words) are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. (KJV)
Isaiah 55:11 – The Word of God will accomplish what it was sent out to do.
The Word itself contains the power to produce what it says. Just as when God said, "Let there be light" and there was light, healing Scriptures contain within them the capacity to produce healing.
Hebrews 4:12 – For the word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit … (KJV)
12 God’s Message is full of life and power. (Weymouth)
12 God’s Word is alive with energy. (Jordan)
12 God’s word to us is something alive, full of energy. (Knox)
The key to partaking of the life and healing energy in the Word is feeding on it until it penetrates your spirit where it deposits that life and energy.
1
Second: We might say that medicine is no respector of persons. It will work for anyone who takes it. It is not a matter of if God is willing or not willing to heal any individual, but whether or not the individual will receive healing by taking the medicine that produces it.
Third, and most important: Medicine must be taken according to directions to be effective. Some medicine labels read, "Take internally"; others say, "Take externally." To rub it on your body externally when the directions say to take it internally will not work. To take it after meals when the directions say take it before meals will reduce its effectiveness. To take it once in a while when the directions say three times a day will mean limited results, if any. No matter how good the medicine is, it must be taken according to the directions or it won’t work. So it is with God’s medicine. It must be taken according to directions for it to work. The directions for taking God’s medicine are found in:
Proverbs 4:20-21 – Attend to them, incline your ear to them, don’t let them depart from before your eyes, and keep them in the midst of your heart.
We might say that attending to them, inclining your ear to them, and keeping them before your eyes causes the Word to get into the midst of your heart. Notice this: It is only as God’s Words get in the midst of your heart and stay there that they produce healing in your body. Head knowledge won’t do. They are going to have to penetrate to your spirit through meditation – attending, hearing, looking, muttering, musing, pondering – to produce healing in your body. But once they do penetrate, they will surely bring health to all your flesh. … let them penetrate deep within your heart. (Living Bible)
You can see again that God’s way of healing is spiritual. Power is ministered first to your spirit, then distributed to your body. God’s medicine must be taken internally. Listen, instead of wondering whether you have enough faith to be healed, just take the medicine. This handout contains Healing Scriptures. Feed on them several times a day, repeating them over and over again to yourself. The medicine itself will work if you will get it inside of you.
Fourth: Remember that it takes time for medicine to work. Most people give natural medicine a lot of time, patience, and money to work. They take the prescription back for refills and more refills. They are diligent about it. They don’t just take one dose and expect a miracle. Keep taking God’s medicine. Give it time to work.
Take your medicine. Say these Scriptures to yourself. Think on what you’re saying in your heart. Use them in praise to the Father. His Word is medicine to all your flesh.
Exodus 15:25-26 – And he cried unto the Lord; and the Lord shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them, and said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee. (KJV)
26 … I the Lord am your healer. (New English Bible)
2
26 … for I the Lord am thy physician. (Leeser)
26 … I am the Lord your life-giver. (Basic English)
26 … I am Yahweh thy physician. (Rotherham)
26 … I, Jehovah, am healing thee. (Young)
26 … for I, the Lord, make you immune to them (diseases). (Smith-Goodspeed)
26 … I, the Lord, will bring thee only health. (Knox)
CONFESSION: God is speaking to me now, saying, "I am the Lord that healeth thee." He is watch-ing over this Word to perform it. He is the Lord that healeth me. He is healing me now. This Word contains the ability to produce what it says. He is the Lord that healeth me. He is healing me now. His Word is full of healing power. I receive this Word now. I receive the healing that is in His Word now. Healing is inherent in God’s nature. God is in me. My body is the temple of God. My body is the temple of the Lord that healeth me. God is bigger than sickness and Satan. God is dwelling inside of me now, healing me now. The Lord that healeth me is my Shepherd; I do not lack healing. My body is in contact with the Lord that healeth me. My body has to respond to God’s healing life and nature at work in me now. Healing is in God, and God is in me. I thank You, Father, because You are my Healer; and You are healing me now.
Exodus 23:25 – And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. (KJV)
25 … And give worship to the Lord your God, who will send a blessing on your bread
and on your water; and I will take all disease away from among you. (Basic English)
25 … I will free you from disease. (Moffatt, Smith-Goodspeed)
25 … I have turned aside sickness from thy heart. (Young)
25 … and keep sickness away from thy company. (Knox)
CONFESSION: "I will" is the strongest assertion that can be made in the English language. God is speaking to me now saying, "I will take sickness away from the midst of thee." God is watching over this Word, performing it in me now. He is taking sickness away from the midst of me. Good-bye, sickness! The Lord is taking you away from the midst of me. Thank You, Father, for taking sickness away from me. I thank You for doing what You said.
Deuteronomy 7:15 – And the Lord will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee. (KJV)
CONFESSION: The Lord is taking away from me all sickness. His Word contains the ability to do what it says. His Word will not return void but will accomplish what it was sent to do. The Lord is taking away from me all sickness, every trace of weakness and deficiency. Sickness is going out of me now. Thank You, Father, for taking away from me all sickness like You said.
Psalm 30:2 – O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. (KJV)
Mark 11:24 – Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. (KJV)
3
CONFESSION: I believe I have received my healing. Thou hast healed me. I don’t consider what I feel. I believe I am healed. Thou hast healed me.
Psalm 42:11 – Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him

Enjoy this and pass it on to someone who is needing a healing on some level? Do you know anyone who needs spiritual, physical or emotional healing today? Do you need to study more on healing and speak the word only?

Has this article helped you? I would love to hear from you!

Peace and continued Joy,
Vaugh Evan

No comments: